This advanced course in Open Way Learning is aimed directly at schools and teachers who already have the cultural OWL seeds in place and want want to take it to next level. This course introduces methods to scale the collaboration, free exchange, and innovation you are already doing to build a powerful school culture that enables customized innovations such as competency-based, community-supported, school-wide, cross-curricular Project Based Learning to take place. This workshop digs deep into the key elements of Open Way Learning, including, but not limited to:
- Validating a Living Mission and Shared Vision for your Organization
- Tapping into the Power of a Distributed Leadership Model
- Building a Culture of Radical Collaboration
- Enabling Team Trust and Capacity through the Open and Free Exchange of Ideas and Resources
- Creating an Ethos of Localized Innovation that helps your organization better respond to the needs of your learning community.
As with the Kickstart course, this offering is based on the extensive use of proven methods that have been shown to work. Participants will leave the class with direct experience in how to scale the Open Way Learning methodology and how it specifically applies to creating a learner-centered environments students will love!
Ideally a 4-day course, Advanced Open Way Learning can be customized to be done in two days. It always starts with a half to full-day site assessment to ensure the offering is specifically addressing the unique needs of each school or cohort.